This annual award is provided to assist Saskatchewan students registered in an accredited or recognized bachelor or master of landscape architecture program anywhere in the world. The annual award amount will be $1500.00 (one thousand five hundred dollars) for one year. The award can be held for one year. If no applications are received it may be extended to two years as funds allow.
To qualify, the student must be a resident of Saskatchewan* and must be registered in an accredited program** as determined by the CSLA. Degrees from landscape architecture schools outside of Canada will be considered, but pursuant to accreditation from the country landscape architecture society and Saskatchewan residency.*
The award will be presented on the basis of:
1. Academic standing.
2. Qualities of character, leadership skills and participation in student and community activities.
3. Level of experience in the field.
4. Level of education attained.
Notice of Academic Award 2020-2021
|273 downloads||1.0||Nola Stein||07-10-2020 10:26|
The application may be obtained by downloading the Application (below), by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Chairperson, Academic Awards Committee
SALA: attention Ms. Ingrid Thiessen
100 – 4561 Parliament Avenue
Regina, SK S4W 0G3
|431 downloads||1.0||Nola Stein||13-09-2019 11:20|
Deadline for application is October 30 every year. Please submit applications to email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions:
- Email submissions are acceptable. The following criteria is to be considered:
- The submission has to be under 5 MB and be a legible scan. Please keep the application under 15 pages. They cannot be individual pdf files. They must be one pdf binder. (The references are an exception.)
- Reference letters have to come directly to the Chairperson by email or mail and not through the applicant. If submitting by mail a sealed envelope is also acceptable. If they come late, your application will not be accepted unless special arrangements are made.
- The Chairperson will call the references to make sure they are authentic. Please ensure the reference includes a contact number with the reference letter.
- The selected applicant may have to submit original copies for all items submitted.
- The quality and presentation of your application has value.
- Send your email submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org Your submission will be acknowledged by email. If you do not get a response please contact this number 306-584-7072.
- References: An employer can be used as a character reference.
- Landscape Option – Environmental Design Programs: is not an accredited program as determined by the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Council (LAAC) and therefore students in this field will not be accepted. (Accredited Programs)
- Students are to include an official transcript or a copy of an official transcript. We do not accept the mark information that comes from student university accounts. We understand that most transcripts cost $10 if ordering early. It is not our intention to make this request onerous. If the student already has a transcript in their possession (such as past degrees or high school marks), they may photocopy or scan it and submit this copy. If the student is selected we may ask for an original. Submitting high school marks are optional but are required if you gave up your Saskatchewan health card.
* Saskatchewan residency is determined by a valid Saskatchewan health card. If the student gave up Saskatchewan residency due to summer employment, declaration of an expired health card can be used, along with proof of a Saskatchewan high school diploma.
** See CSLA website for accredited programs determined by the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Council (LAAC).