- This event has passed.
2017 Native Prairie Restoration & Reclamation Workshop
February 8, 2017 - February 9, 2017
The 2017 Native Prairie Restoration and Reclamation Workshop will be held on February 8 and 9, 2017 at the Ramada Hotel in downtown Regina, SK.
The conference includes a trade show, poster session and a silent auction with proceeds going towards PCAP education programs. Please read below for more detailed information.
The theme is Reclaiming Spaces – Restoring Species with sessions on:
- Restoration and Reclamation on Native Prairie
- Range Health and Soil Remediation
- Restoration of Wildlife and Plant Species at Risk
- Connecting it All – The Power of Partnerships
- Case studies – reclamation/restoration in a riparian setting, in an urban setting, and with a First Nations perspective.
The NPRRW Planning Committee is thrilled to announce the draft program for NPRRW 2017! Please check the website for the draft program.
Registration is NOW OPEN! Click here to go to the registration page.
- Early-bird registration (before December 12, 2016) – $225
- Regular registration (after December 12, 2016) – $275
- Student registration (no deadline) – $225
Please call the Ramada Plaza Regina (1818 Victoria Avenue) at 306-569-1666 and select “0” for the front desk to book your room. The group room booking is until January 7th and is under “Native Prairie Restoration/Reclamation Workshop.” You must state the workshop name or the booking number (CGNPRR) to get the group booking. Rooms are $134/night, plus $10 if you will be parking a vehicle in the hotel lots.
*Underground parking is available at the hotel and there are also two outdoor lots beside the hotel. Parking can be limited, so please plan to carpool*
NPRRW 2017 will also feature a poster session! There will be dedicated poster session times throughout the workshop. Posters must align with the workshop themes (described above). To submit a poster presentation, please submit a poster abstract no longer than 250 words, poster title, approximate poster dimensions, and poster authors by January 10th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2017 NPRRW Call for Posters
- 2017 NPRRW Poster Session Guidelines
NPRRW 2017 will also feature a tradeshow! This is the perfect opportunity to show case your business/organization with an audience of restoration/reclamation experts, consulting companies, government organizations, NGO’s, prairie conservationists, academic representatives, etc. There are dedicated tradeshow times throughout the workshop. Please see the documents below to find out more information and to apply for booth space. Application deadline is January 17, 2017 and payment deadline is January 31, 2017.
2017 NPRRW Tradeshow Flyer
2017 NPRRW Tradeshow Application Form
Confirmed Tradeshow Booths:
- BrettYoung Seeds
- Canadian Wildlife Service – Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Cows and Fish: Alberta Riparian Habitat Management Society
- Earthmaster Environmental Strategies Incorporated
- Manitoba Forage & Grassland Association’s Aquanty Project
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Nature Saskatchewan
- Prairie Habitat Inc.
- Simply Agriculture Solutions Inc.
- Summit Liability Solutions Inc.
- Trace Associates Inc.
Interested in sponsorship this workshop? There are many different ways to sponsor, and many benefits to sponsoring, all of which are outlined in the document below. For a detailed sponsorship package, please email Caitlin Mroz at email@example.com.